We are the home of all things South Australian, in archery. ARCHERY South Australia (or ARCHERY SA or ARCSA) was referred to, until 1993, as The Archery Society of South Australia.
It was formed at a meeting in 1947 and started in 1948. However, archery is recorded as having begun in South Australia with Adelaide’s founding father, Colonel William Light when he arrived in 1836. His bow and arrows are in a collection formerly held by the City of Adelaide and currently held (in storage) by the SA Museum, pending a new display being created for 2024, apparently.
Today ARCHERY SA is one of the premier archery bodies in Australia and operates entirely through the efforts of our dedicated and wonderful volunteers
As South Australia’s principal archery organisation, we welcome all and any new Clubs and enquiries.
(Our e-Mail address is firstname.lastname@example.org)Patron: Her Excellency the Honourable Frances Adamson AC, Governor of South Australia
The Archery Society of South Australia was formed in 1947 and Incorporated on 15 December, 1964. Its name changed to ARCHERY South Australia on 23 October, 1992.
Reg No: A0002745R
ABN: 45 952 501 065
View our collection of photos on
We welcome any additions to the archive, so if you have any old or new pics, please feel free to contact us