Formal Notice for the Annual General Meeting of ARCHERY South Australia Inc.
Date: Thursday, 29 October, 2020
Time: 1930 hrs
Location: SACOSS, Marjorie Black Community Room, 47 King William Road, Unley
Election of ARCHERY South Australia Board Members, for the period 2020-2022.
In line with the Constitution of ARCHERY South Australia, there are at least two Board vacancies, each intended for a two-year term*.
ARCHERY South Australia seeks nominations by COB, Thursday, 24 September from members seeking to join the Board for the 2020-2022 term of office. A nomination form for persons seeking to fill the vacant positions on the ARCHERY South Australia Board is available (see below).
* NOTE: At least two of the existing Elected Directors are required to retire (or re-nominate if eligible), to facilitate the election each year.
The role of a Board Director is contained within the Board Office Bearer Policy Position Statements.
At the close of nominations, ballot papers and instructions for voting will be distributed to all Affiliate Members (as defined, i.e. the Clubs).
AGM Agenda Items
Members are requested to forward agenda items and all notices of motion for inclusion as special business to be considered by the AGM, including:
• Nominations for Life Membership
• Amendments to the Constitution
• Notices of Motion/Special Business
and must be received by COB, Thursday, 1 October.
The required forms can be found below.
The AGM Agenda and Annual Reports will be emailed to all members on or before Thursday, 8 October.
Affiliate Member Delegates
Affiliate Members (Clubs) are requested to formally confirm with ARCHERY SA by COB, Monday, 12 October the name of their Voting Delegate attending the AGM.
- ARCHERY SA Elected Director Nomination Form-2020 – Nominate for election to the Board at the AGM (Nominations due by COB, Thursday, 24 September, to be emailed to the Board Secretary at email@example.com)
Governance Principle – Board Composition and Operation
There is strong evidence that diversity on Boards leads to better corporate performance. The position of the SA Office of Recreation and Sport is that each State Sporting Organisation should seek to achieve a target of a minimum of 40% representation of each gender. This target will be pursued and encouraged.
* Persons elected at the AGM as Directors will be elected for 2 years, except that at least 2 of the 5 elected Directors must retire at the following AGM and may be eligible for re-election.
The Constitution (at 11.4) provides:
(d) At least two of the Elected Directors must retire every year. If the number of Elected Directors whose term ends in any one year (Retiring Directors) is less than two then an additional number of the Elected Directors who are not due to retire (Non-Retiring Directors) must retire to make up the quota.
(e) If the Non-Retiring Directors cannot agree on which of the Non-Retiring Directors will retire, it will be determined by ballot.