IRON ARROW EVENT
UPDATE 25 March, 2020
As President of GSA it is time for me to make a decision as to what we will be doing in relation to our outdoor club grounds. There has been a directive from the Commissioner of SAPOL that all indoor sporting venues are to close and all outdoor venues associated with them. I understand this is somewhat open to interpretation, but I feel the time has come to close the gates until further notice.
This being said the IRON ARROW shoot scheduled for this coming Saturday will be postponed. Hopefully we will be able to run it later in the year.
Please stay safe look after each other, shoot when you can and stay in touch.
UPDATE 22 March, 2020
Great Southern Archers Iron Arrow Enduro is scheduled to take place on 28 March. In the current turbulent times we feel it is important to keep whatever elements of normalcy we can and so would like to continue with the competition as planned. Even if fully subscribed the number attending the event will be far less than the Government’s guidelines of 100 people and we feel the risk is minimal.
However we recognise that others may feel differently or might just assume the event will be cancelled. So while GSA plan to hold the event it would be pointless if too few competitors turn up. Would you please pass this message on to your club members and ask them if they plan to attend please register for all events in Archer’s Diary by close of business on 25 Wednesday. GSA will then decide if there are enough competitors to hold the competition and publish a notice on the GSA website to advise what is happening.
Please note that because of the uncertainty about indoor gatherings and restaurants GSA will not be organising a group booking for the evening meal but will leave it in the hands of the competitors. We will still be having a BBQ lunch.
Want to test your archery skills?
Great Southern Archers invites you to
a combined field, indoor & target endurance competition that will stretch your archery skills and let you see what you are made of.
The competition will start in the morning with a WA 60/900 target round. Then after lunch a 24 WA Field shoot, followed in the evening by an AA Indoor 18m. That’s 222 in a single day! By the end, you’ll know you’ve shot some arrows!
The event will be held on Saturday, 28 March, 2020:
- Target Round WA 60/900 held at GSA range 85 Forrest Rd, Strathalbyn:
- 0830-0930 : Registration, target and field group allocation & unofficial practice
- 0930-1215 : WA 60/900
- Lunch 1215-1315. A BBQ lunch is included.
- Field Round 24 WA Field held at GSA range 85 Forrest Rd. Strathalbyn:
- Dinner is not included in the entry fee but GSA will be making a group booking at – Venue TBA. Please indicate on entry if you wish to be included.
- Indoor Round AA Indoor 18m held at Goolwa Sports Stadium, Glendale Grove, Goolwa
- 1845 -1900 : Registration/target allocation
- 1915-2100 : AA indoor 18m
- Presentations 2115
Entries can be made through ARCHERY SA and entrants must register for all three events in The Archers' Diary.
The fee for the competition is $60 which includes all three events and a BBQ lunch.
Archers who complete all three events will receive a certificate of participation. Awards will be presented
for cross bow, bare bow/longbow, recurve and compound bow types in the categories:
- Female Master, Veteran and VeteranPlus collectively
- Female Open, i.e. all other competitors
- Male Master, Veteran and VeteranPlus collectively.
- Male Open, i.e. all other competitors