It was two years in the making for the 2016 Alice Springs Masters Games 30th anniversary. And what a Games they were.
Nearly 3,900 athletes and officials, and 500 volunteers were involved in 33 sports over eight days in the middle of the Central Australian desert.
There were 33 athletes from overseas and more than 1,400 participants who were attending their first Games.
Orienteering and go-karting joined the schedule of sports on offer for the first time and by all accounts they’ll be back in 2018.
More than 170 records were broken in the pool and dozens more in other sports.
We celebrated our 30th anniversary with a magnificent midweek party complete with an outdoor concert and a must-have for any party – chocolate cake.
But most importantly, the spirit of the Friendly Games continued.
Lots of new friends were made, many old friends caught up and the Games’ genuine spirit of camaraderie lived on.
If you want to be part of Australia’s longest-running Masters Games, make sure to mark 13-20 October, 2018 in your calendar.
We will look forward to welcoming you in 2018 to the Alice Springs Masters Games.
Subject to change, the Archery Events are:
- Saturday 13, 9am - 3pm: Practice Range Open, notification of shoot groups
- Sunday 14, 8am: ABA 3 & 1-arrow rounds
- Monday 15, 8am: ABA 3 & 1-arrow rounds
- Tuesday 16, 8am: IFAA 'Field Round' marked distances
- Wednesday 17, 8am: IFAA 'Hunter Round' marked distances
- Thursday 18, 8am: WA60/900 round (not a WA Award event)
- Friday 19, 8am: ABA 3D 3 & 1-arrow rounds
- Saturday 20, 8am: ABA 3D 2-arrow rounds
(Minimum age is 35)
For further information, to enter and to follow the Games, visit the Games' website
Registrations are now open and an Early Bird Prize is on offer for participants who register prior to 31 March.
The last day to enter is 14 September, 2018.